- I ran 570m before hitting a wall and tumbling to my death on my iPhone. http://www.canabalt.com/ #
- Core i5 MacBook Pro rumor… WANT! #
- Drupal 7.0 Alpha 1 released… Put investigate Drupal on my 2010 "to do" list. http://bit.ly/6xmdyX #
- RT @biblepsychology: To become spiritual it's not enough to read the Bible but you also, have to meditate on it. #
- @JessicaGottlieb IMO, most bloggers are posting opinion pieces, not ethically reported fact finding with context in reply to JessicaGottlieb #
- RT @FreeRangeKids: Should grown men be forbidden to sit next to kids on airplanes? Because… you know…? http://bit.ly/8czah6 #
- How long? http://bit.ly/1UsjAC #
- In a competitive market, customers benefit. Apple vs. Google (Business Week) http://bit.ly/7fhxJZ? #
- RT @revision3: Conan O'Brien (@nbcconan): We want to offer you a job! Bring your show to the Internet … http://ow.ly/XImQ #
- RT @farahato: "The time is always right to do what is right." Martin Luther King #
- RT @Liturgy: "Some of my best friends are atheists…." http://bit.ly/8eDJsn #
- RT @TechCrunch: With Mobile Giving To Haiti Passing $20 Million, Text Fundraising Comes Of Age http://tcrn.ch/4TUrjT by @erickschonfeld #
- Great list of charitable organizations accepting donations for Haiti relief http://bit.ly/5FwAms #
- Don't fall in love at the Jersey Shore, hop on the W-train! (Thank you, Jersey Shore nickname generator!) http://bit.ly/8uprs1 #
- RT @37svn Small by Choice, Whether Clients Like It or Not http://bit.ly/6hE7oC #
- "Small is a weapon, not an excuse." http://bit.ly/7CC8u4 #
- Just received approval on a website design from a new client — the hard part is done, time to produce. #
- Firefox 3.6 released http://www.getfirefox.com #
- For web developers: Web Open Font Format (WOFF) for Firefox 3.6 http://bit.ly/FDLQV #
- Giving the new SugarCRM 5.5.0 community edition another look — need good, free project management #
- Reading "Lessons from America's Lost Decade" at http://bit.ly/7rnGJt #
- In appropriately minimalist fashion, Google Labs offers Listen app for podcast subscribe/listen on Android http://listen.googlelabs.com/ #
- RT @Astro_TJ: Hello Twitterverse! We r now LIVE tweeting from the International Space Station — the 1st live tweet from Space! 🙂 … #
- "A lesson from two lemonade stands." (Seth Godin) http://bit.ly/8W0hUQ #
Back in mid-December, I started thinking seriously about upgrading my cellphone from the Blackberry 8073e to … something else.
I’ve had a company-issued iPhone for a year or so, and it is cool, no doubt. But the AT&T service in my home doesn’t work — the signal is too weak for some reason. So switching to AT&T isn’t an option for me.
Sticking with my existing carrier, Sprint, my main contenders then became the HTC Hero and Blackberry Tour. Both looked like worthy smartphone upgrades. I had used the Blackberry OS for years, and knew what to expect there. But this hot, new Google OS, Android, has some buzz. And since I’m a heavy Google Apps user, the idea of automatically syncing with all the data and e-mail I have on Google already seemed like a dream.
After several weeks of mulling my options, I took the plunge and got a HTC Hero.
After living with the Hero for two days, I have to say I like the new phone quite a lot. I’m happily surprised that most of the apps I used heavily on the iPhone are also available on Android, and if an app isn’t available then there is something very similar or even better out there. (One app that I like a lot on the iPhone is the New York Times app, but on Android there is a USA Today app that is just fantastic!)
I do wish the Hero screen was larger. The phone feels good in the hand, and everything looks just beautiful. But this phone is less capable as a reader than the iPhone is. Otherwise, the HTC Hero is a real win.
In related news, Mashable announces, “With Mobile Giving To Haiti Passing $20 Million, Text Fundraising Comes Of Age“
- reevaluating this past decade in both my life and career, two thoughts: to everything there is a season, and things can only get better #
- Can someone point me to a reference for further reading on the idea that one person's rights end where another's rights begin? #
- Wish people would stop tweeting the music they're listening to… Unfollows to follow. #
- I know some people are saying RSS is dead, but I use my Google Reader as a low-priority magazine for stuff I don't want to miss. #
- I have 20 Google Wave invites to give out #wave #
- @Paul_Hoyt you're the first to ask for a Wave invite… Send me your e-mail address: email@example.com in reply to Paul_Hoyt #
- Hey, Mark McGwire… hate to tell ya, but we already knew. #baseball #sterioids #liar #
- Hey, Mark McGwire… hate to tell ya, but we already knew. #baseball #steroids #liar #
- I'm finding bugs in Google Chrome browser trying to build a website using #Joomla CMS… Switching back to Firefox for this project :- #
- Along with everyone else who's been screwed over by their boss, Conan O'Brien has my sympathies. #
- @Paul_Hoyt Enjoy the Wave. in reply to Paul_Hoyt #
- just spend most of my day reinstalling #Joomla because of a known bug in #chronocontact for "daily hints"? #fail http://bit.ly/4pUkiJ #
- @worknout amen that, re: Conan O'Brien in reply to worknout #
- amused that i tweet about sex 68% less than the average Twitter user http://bit.ly/8PMD7b #
- Hopping on the Facebook retro photo month meme with this classic profile portrait 🙂 http://bit.ly/4rS8Zs #
- For today: stop screwing around on Facebook, re-up my Pandora subscription, and get to work on client projects! #
- Started the day being called a "hero" by one client, and "super helpful" by another client. Must be doing something right… #
- Time flies when you're having fun. Another busy busy week flew by building websites, designing collateral, solving problems for customers. #
- @gfx8 thanks for the #FF mention! in reply to gfx8 #
- walking manicpsychobrad through setting up #wordpress for his new business venture #
- Possums in California? Just spotted #roadkill in Alhambra #
- Super jazzed about 2010… This year has started with a bang! #
- @designbrad best of luck to both of us in our respective ventures in 2010 🙂 #
- kind of regretting these "My Little Pony" stickers I put on the outside of my Moleskine… need more stickers #
- Preparing to migrate to the HTC Hero, I've linked up my Google Apps calendar with my Apple iCal and Entourage Calendars… pretty slick… #
- 3 day weekend? Today I'm putting finishing touches on a postcard design and a Mambo 4.5.3h to Joomla 1.5.15 upgrade / conversion #
- Impressive. "Nearly 50,000 Australian children ages 5 to 13 are enrolled in junior life saving programs…" http://bit.ly/5pFN6Q #
- Interesting. "…states that have legalized same-sex nuptials have the lowest divorce rates in the country." http://bit.ly/6rQbop #
The singularity is near (I hope!).
…that song could be a hit.”
Ladies and gentlemen, Neil Young…
The current version of ChronoContact for Joomla 1.5 has a serious bug.
Once installed, the Forms Management tab in ChronoContact will display a white page preventing you from managing forms in the component.
jalal reported the issue on the Chronoengine forums, along with the solution he discovered on his own.
Re: Forms Management link not working
Postby jalal » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:17 pm
OK, I’ve sort of fixed it for now.
I commented out line 37 in admin.chronocontact.html.php (which pops up the tooltip) and things work correctly now. More specifically, it is line 4820 in the same file that is causing the segmentation fault (“$rssDoc =& JFactory::getXMLparser(‘RSS’, $options);”).
If I get a moment I’ll see if I can figure out more, but the above gets things working for me.
Re: Forms Management link not working
Postby GreyHead » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:46 pm
Ah OK it’s probably the “Daily Hints” — I’d forgotten about that problem. You can disable them from the Parameters Icon in the toolbar now that you can get into the Forms Manager.
Here’s hoping they remove this “feature” before releasing the final version…