Print to your iPhone with Fliq
Here’s a great way to use Fliq for the Mac and Fliq Docs to “print” a document to your iPhone for viewing on the go. This is especially useful for documents and files that the iPhone can’t normally display, such as iWork ’09 documents, RTFs, PhotoShop files, and Delicious Library lists. It’s easy to do.First, set it up:
1) Create an alias of “Fliq” in your Applications folder
2) Rename it “Fliq PDF to iPhone”
3) Open the “Library” folder (in your home folder)
4) Open the “PDF Services” folder (in the Library folder)
5) Drag “Fliq PDF to iPhone” into the “PDF Services” folder
That’s it! You’re all set.
When you want to print to your iPhone:
1) Launch Fliq on your Mac and Fliq Docs on your iPhone.
2) From any application, choose “Print…”
3) In the print window, select “Fliq PDF to iPhone” from the “PDF” menu (pictured at right)
1-2-3… a PDF is sent to your iPhone into Fliq Docs! By the way, this is also a great way to print or Fliq files and documents to someone else’s iPhone.